This post may contain affiliate links which fund the My Sparkling Life blog.
With winter in full swing, you better believe I’ve stocked up on my winter must-haves! During the winter, your skin & lips are bombarded by the brutal elements, both indoors and out. Going in and out of heated homes/offices & chilling winter winds can take a toll on your lips and be extremely drying. Even the harsh ultraviolet rays from the sun can do damage in winter. Below you will find 6 tips for keeping your lips happy & healthy this winter.
- Try to refrain from licking your lips. When you do, it removes natural oils that keep the moisture in your skin.
- Dehydration can happen when spending too much time in dry environments, or if you’re not drinking an adequate amount of water every day. Be sure to drink plenty of fluids, esp water.
- Use a humidifier at night to keep moisture in your dry, heated home.
- Cover your face when heading outdoors, especially on windy days.
- Lips are the most delicate part of your face & have few oil glands of their own. To help keep them soft and healthy, try ChapStick Moisturizer that features more than 7 moisturizing ingredients that will leave your lips soft and silky.
- As I stated above, UV rays are present even in the winter months. Try to use a product with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher like ChapSticks Sun Defence delivers SPF protection and other moisturizing ingredients.
Whether you’re heading to the gym, shopping at the mall with your girls, or getting ready for a date night, make sure your winter lips are looking great.